I'm writing this post due to the fact that of an argument that lately happened in a piano forum I participate in. The argument was on the appropriate use of the words when describing reading music, specifically the term "sight reading".
If you are sight checking out a piece of songs, is it the very first time you are playing it or have you played it previously, and as a result are only reading music and no longer sight reviewing it? Some in the online forum felt that using the term "sight reading" didn't efficiently explain the process I was talking about at the time.
I had not understood there were such sturdy thoughts around the means we describe playing slab music, but I learned rapidly that there are more than a few people with differing opinions on using words. I'll share both sides of the argument and provide my very own ideas on the subject.
Numerous in the songs community view the term "sight reading" to indicate "reviewing music on first sight". This may be your meaning as well, and is commonly the end goal for anybody attempting to review music.
Lots of sites and forums are devoted to the capability to play music at first sight, an ability that is very hard to master, and could be discouraging, specifically for the beginner piano student. Most piano players should play with a piece of music numerous times prior to having the ability to play it directly with.
So this definition would lead lots of to think that sight reading is an impossible task for the newbie. I personally do not like this minimal view and as a result I often agree with the more general definition.
The other side of the argument is more where I stand. The term "sight reading" to me simply implies "playing music by what you see" instead of playing by ear or by rote (mimicking an additional player, like on YouTube).
I don't make a determination as to whether it is the first reading or the hundredth. In reality, I would define one's sight reading ability not only by the trouble of the pieces they can play, but likewise by the number of times it takes them to play it before the mistakes are very little.
Even for a seasoned pro, every additional time reading through a piece of music typically leads to even more precision. If you could be able to play a piece of music by spending 5-10 minutes with it, playing it through a couple of times and then able to play it flawlessly, would not that be an achievement of your ability to read music by sight?
If you are sight checking out a piece of songs, is it the very first time you are playing it or have you played it previously, and as a result are only reading music and no longer sight reviewing it? Some in the online forum felt that using the term "sight reading" didn't efficiently explain the process I was talking about at the time.
I had not understood there were such sturdy thoughts around the means we describe playing slab music, but I learned rapidly that there are more than a few people with differing opinions on using words. I'll share both sides of the argument and provide my very own ideas on the subject.
Numerous in the songs community view the term "sight reading" to indicate "reviewing music on first sight". This may be your meaning as well, and is commonly the end goal for anybody attempting to review music.
Lots of sites and forums are devoted to the capability to play music at first sight, an ability that is very hard to master, and could be discouraging, specifically for the beginner piano student. Most piano players should play with a piece of music numerous times prior to having the ability to play it directly with.
So this definition would lead lots of to think that sight reading is an impossible task for the newbie. I personally do not like this minimal view and as a result I often agree with the more general definition.
The other side of the argument is more where I stand. The term "sight reading" to me simply implies "playing music by what you see" instead of playing by ear or by rote (mimicking an additional player, like on YouTube).
I don't make a determination as to whether it is the first reading or the hundredth. In reality, I would define one's sight reading ability not only by the trouble of the pieces they can play, but likewise by the number of times it takes them to play it before the mistakes are very little.
Even for a seasoned pro, every additional time reading through a piece of music typically leads to even more precision. If you could be able to play a piece of music by spending 5-10 minutes with it, playing it through a couple of times and then able to play it flawlessly, would not that be an achievement of your ability to read music by sight?
About the Author:
There are sophisticated techniques to enhance the skills to lessen mistakes and you can read more on this at my blog site: My site.
0 nhận xét:
Post a Comment